Monday, January 7, 2013

The only real thing in a cruel world is something imaginary.





Day's like these are when I turn on the television.
And, twist the volume all the way up. 
Pleasant Valley Sunday blasts on an unpleasant Monday evening.
Unpleasant because no one understands and my throat is raw from trying to explain.
That is why I like these friends because they don't question or judge me.
Celluloid images, unbiased and perfect.
David Jones' eyes in a psychedelic kitchen.
Peter's tears mirror the ones flowing from my painted eyes.
It's Mike calling me shotgun and Micky making me laugh.
Today was such a mess though I'm sure that at the pad every day is groovy.
Here the clouds don't break but at the beach the sun is shining,
while four boys with long hair play volley ball without a care.
Their friendly smiles and understanding eyes fill me with a temporary warmth.
Alone in this world but for a television screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment