Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A poem for Davy Jones





-HOMECOMING QUEEN MOURNS THE LOSS OF HER DAYDREAM BELIEVER-
I met a boy one Sunday while I was watching TV.
A lovely kid with big brown puppy dog eyes and the softest brown hair I've ever seen.
A boy I cannot touch for he is just an image, preserved on rolls of celluloid.
The only man who's never done me any harm.
Every Sunday I sprawl out on the sofa, and turn on the TV so that he can dance across my flat screen and into my heart.
My Sunday afternoon boyfriend, my Pleasant Valley Sunday paramour.
This loss is real though I've never met him in the flesh.
Only in dreams that never last long enough.
When I heard the news that his fleshy, red heart had stopped beating,
I felt as though mine had also.
Baby Jesus rest your soul, David. 
Watching the re-runs and the tear drops they sting my eyes and ruin my makeup.
Despite the sad fact that you're no longer with us, I have to admit that our little arrangement is perfect.
Death may be a permanent condition but television love is forever
RIP 
DAVY JONES
12-30-1945 to 2-29-2012



No comments:

Post a Comment